Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Typical Monday....08/03/09

So today was the typical Monday. My poor little girl Aradia didn't wake up until after noon. Then again after a day like yesterday, it's no surprise to me. It gave me plenty of time, though, to get a few things accomplished, like tidying up our living space and washing a few loads of laundry. When she finally did wake up, she was a complete angel. It makes me wonder, however, why she's always so well behaved for me and rotten once the household returns from their days. She never acts up...well actually, she rarely acts up for me when it's just us. Then again, I don't tolerate her acting up just to act up. She's teething now so I'm a bit more understanding. But if she fusses, I feed her, if that doesn't work I try changing her, putting Orajel on her mouth, playing with her, cuddling with her and all that. If all else fails, I just assume she's being poopy and put her down for a nap and ignore her for 30 minutes or so, providing of couse she's not screaming in pain or sick! Usually, once she's put down for a nap it's apparent that's what she needed, cuz she goes right to sleep.
Well, today, my poor Rian called me a little after noon saying he had a headache. Like the rest of the family, I assumed it was from his lack of sleep or lack of food. I told him that if his work was done and he couldn't take it anymore to just come home. sure enough, around 2:30pm, he calls me saying he was on the way home. So like the good caring wifey I am, I made him tuna sandwiches and poured him some V8 splash and laced it with Goodies powder for headaches. (Now for the record, Rian absolutely REFUSES to swallow any form of pill, which makes me nervous for when he's 85 and pills are his only chance at keeping himself alive) Then I turned down the bedsheets upstairs and got out comfy clothes for him. About two minutes after I had finished preparing for him, he came sulking into the kitchen. The poor thing looked awful to say the least. Well, I got him into bed with his medicine and food and set up the baby monitor so he could call me if he needed anything and left him be to finish some more housework. Every now and then, I'd check up on him and he would whine and fuss for me to stay with him...I absolutely adore it when he clings to me like that, he's so cute. Of course, I would have to go back downstairs occasionally and check on the baby. One time, I went to check on her and she had fallen flat on her face and had gone to sleep! I always love when she does cute little baby things like that.
The thing about Rian's migraine that I didn't get was that he became very itchy, um by the way itchy to me is synonymous with horny! But, I was trying to tell him that sex only relieves headaches NOT migraines. Trying to talk a man out of wanting sex is like trying to convince the sun not to come up. I gave in of course, as I always do. It always feels so good, but I felt soooo guilty afterwards like I was taking advantage of a sick man.
It was nice though, how he matyred himself by saying I take care of him and he doesn't always take the time so by doing what he did, he was pushing passed the pain to show me he loves me. It was really nice, unnecessary for him to suffer through, but nice. Although, I'm pretty sure there wasn't any suffering during the fact! I don't know what it comes down to, I guess, is the litle things we do for each other keeps our relationship strong and healthy and I deeply cherish those little things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment