Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Have You Ever Seen the Rain?



There's something about standing outside during a rainstorm that's so liberating. We had a storm today and I stood outside and felt the warm rain drops fall on my face and drip down my back. It's almost a spiritual thing. Standing out there, I felt as though I was being baptized by the Earth. As I stood out there surrounded, unable to hide from the rain, all of my loneliness seemed to disappear for that brief moment, even as thunder crashed around me. And then the sun came out and gently kissed my rain drop soaked face and it was if layers of negativity were washed away. It must be the Pagan in me. Sometimes, amidst those not of my belief system, I forget what it means to be Pagan. It's more than spells and potions, it's more than untamed sexuality and elemental worship. At the end of the day, it's believing in the presence of the very things we see everyday. As, I stood outside with rain drops on my cheeks, feeling the warm wind slither through my drenched clothes I felt apart of something bigger than anything the average person can see. I not only saw nature or experienced it, I BECAME nature. Despite any of my personal issues, the loneliness, the masked insecurity, I felt whole. That to me is what true Paganism is all about. I guess sometimes we all need a reminder, today was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment